Tango intermediate level with Gabi & Gustavo Gomez I
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez
Vivetango – living Tango
Gustavo Gomez has been teaching together with his wife Gabi for about 16 years in Germany. Previously, he worked in a dance school in his home country Argentina.
Gustavo teaches mainly in the south of Munich, Germany, also in Regensburg, Rosenheim, Innsbruck and in Argentina, where he is "at home".
Important Tango personalities who have influenced Gustavo's dancing are: Johanna Copes, Bruno Gibertoni, Alejandra Mantinan, Aoniken Quiroga, Martin Ojeda, Mariana Montes Sebastian Arce, El Pibe Sarandi, Adrian Veredice, Oscar Mandagaran, Jorge el Turco.
Gustavo has a contagious and emotional way in conveying his technique not only to the man/leader but also to the lady/ follower.
In addition, a shot of humor is never missing, a pinch of "the original Argentine way" and a handful of stories from real life.
Would you like to see him dance? Here are a few Videos of his performances together with his wife Gabi.
The theme of the workshop at La Rogaia:
Discover your own Tango!
Gustavo's and Gabi's philosophy is that everybody already has his or her own tango inside. It is the teachers' task to awaken this inward tango. When we learn Tango we should not try to just copy other dancers. Thomas should dance as Thomas and Anna should dance as Anna. It is the individual originality that Gustavo and Gabi want to convey and promote to their students.
The lessons will focus on:
- Axis and equilibrium: each partner in his/ her own axis and at the same time keeping a common axis
- Male and female technique: walking, joint movements, leading, following and accompanying
- Musicality: phrases in music, legato and staccato, major and minor keys, melody and rhythm, instruments and vocals, breaks
- Precise movements: symbiosis while walking, turning and dissociating
- Improvisation: Getting away from preset structures
- El Abrazo: close embrace and the flowing change to the open embrace
Languages of instruction: English, German
Fee: starting from EUR 1055 per person per week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with private facilities
- Half board (two meals - by catering service or in restaurants - including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in larger private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 90 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 140 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms*)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 240 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 340 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 440 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
* Due to the conditions imposed by the COVID19 pandemic, only people who are "close to each other" can be accommodated together in an apartment, i.e. couples and families, but also dance partners.
How will the tango classes take place at La Rogaia?
Information about Tango holidays in times of Corona:
- We limit the maximum number of participants to 5 couples. At the moment, only fixed couples are allowed due to the social distancing rules that still apply in Italy. Changing of dance partners is not permitted.
- If possible, we will dance outside, otherwise inside with the distancing rules on the dance floor. The room offers enough space for 5 couples to adhere to the distancing rules during the class. It is not mandatory to wear masks.
- We do not know whether there will be milongas in autumn. At the moment only outdoor dance events without partner change and with a minimum distance between couples on the dance floor are permitted. Of course, as an official event organizer and agriturismo, we have to abide by the rules. How it will be like in autumn and on site also depends on the participants and how the requirements, e.g. for local Milonga organizers, will be.
- The participants of our courses will only lodge in apartments with private bathroom and separate entrance. In the two-bedroom apartments, only people from shared households will be accommodated.
- Of course, we follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments, safe use of the swimming pool and the hygiene requirements for the preparation and serving of food as well as the distancing rules at the dinner table if necessary .
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions. Nevertheless, we will offer our courses again from September 2020 and are happy to take reservations or bookings.
In view of the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Gabi & Gustavo Gòmez: Tango "Cafè Dominguez" By Tango Bardo
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez: "Noche de Garufa", Tanturi
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez: "La Tupungatina", O. Pugliese
Our classes in the summer holidays fill up quickly. So do not hesitate and book early!
More about Gabi and Gustavo at www.vivetango.de (in German only)