Tango intermediate level with Gabi & Gustavo Gomez
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez
Vivetango – living Tango
Gustavo Gomez has been teaching together with his wife Gabi for about 16 years in Germany. Previously, he worked in a dance school in his home country Argentina.
Gustavo teaches mainly in the south of Munich, Germany, also in Regensburg, Rosenheim, Innsbruck and in Argentina, where he is "at home".
Important Tango personalities who have influenced Gustavo's dancing are: Johanna Copes, Bruno Gibertoni, Alejandra Mantinan, Aoniken Quiroga, Martin Ojeda, Mariana Montes Sebastian Arce, El Pibe Sarandi, Adrian Veredice, Oscar Mandagaran, Jorge el Turco.
Gustavo has a contagious and emotional way in conveying his technique not only to the man/leader but also to the lady/ follower.
In addition, a shot of humor is never missing, a pinch of "the original Argentine way" and a handful of stories from real life.
Would you like to see him dance? Here are a few Videos of his performances together with his wife Gabi.
The theme of the workshop at La Rogaia:
Discover your own Tango!
Gustavo's and Gabi's philosophy is that everybody already has his or her own tango inside. It is the teachers' task to awaken this inward tango. When we learn Tango we should not try to just copy other dancers. Thomas should dance as Thomas and Anna should dance as Anna. It is the individual originality that Gustavo and Gabi want to convey and promote to their students.
The lessons will focus on:
- Axis and equilibrium: each partner in his/ her own axis and at the same time keeping a common axis
- Male and female technique: walking, joint movements, leading, following and accompanying
- Musicality: phrases in music, legato and staccato, major and minor keys, melody and rhythm, instruments and vocals, breaks
- Precise movements: symbiosis while walking, turning and dissociating
- Improvisation: Getting away from preset structures
- El Abrazo: close embrace and the flowing change to the open embrace
Languages of instruction: English, German
Fee: starting from EUR 1195 per person per week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with shared bathroom and kitchen for 3 to 4 persons
- Half board including all beverages for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 120 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 150 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 300 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 400 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions.
However, in view of the constantly improving situation in Italy, where vaccinations are progressing rapidly, we assume that our courses can take place under normal conditions again in 2022
We are happy to take reservations or bookings.
Of course, our special cancellation conditions still apply in case that we have to cancel our courses due to pandemic restrictions:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course.
In that case we will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Gabi & Gustavo Gòmez: Tango "Cafè Dominguez" By Tango Bardo
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez: "Noche de Garufa", Tanturi
Gabi & Gustavo Gómez: "La Tupungatina", O. Pugliese
Our classes in the summer holidays fill up quickly. So do not hesitate and book early!
More about Gabi and Gustavo at www.vivetango.de (in German only)