Tango intermediate level with Filippo & Anna
Filippo Avignonesi & Anna Yegorova
"Tango is Tango without style limits -- neither old nor new -- neither in the dance nor didactically.
What among other things is very important to me is to learn to have fun with each other when dancing and during the lessons. " (Filippo Avignonesi)
Filippo Avignonesi, originally from Rome, Italy, has been teaching and performing for over 18 years around the world.
He has worked together with dancers such as Alejandra Mantiñan, Alejandra Gutty, Candela Ramos, Yulia Yukhina, Emilia Cerutti, Eliana Sanchez, Francesca del Buono, Valencia Batiuk, Anna Maria Ferrara, Natalia Ochoa and several other accomplished dancers.
In Buenos Aires he learnt from well over 100 different teachers and then developed his own teaching concept for which he is now sought after around the world.
Filippo is especially requested for workshops and is also part of the teaching staff of Alejandra Mantiñan, because of his didactical abilities which he applies with a lot of humor and zest for life. He distinguishes himself therefore from most other teachers.
In the lessons besides clarifing any doubts about the basics we will develop the relationship between man and woman as a game which results in a deeper understanding of how to have fun with together - which will solve most technical difficulties.
Understanding tango as a social system of relations between man and woman. Learning to take yourselves and the dance less seriously so you can always have fun together.
Musicality, dancing between rhythm and melody, using tension and expressivity, dancing with definition, dancing in a small space, and understanding the structure of tango for a free improvisation. And of course giving you enough elements to make your dance a little richer.
Watch Filippo dance with various partners in these videos
Anna Yegorova from Moscow has been passionate about dance and music since early childhood when she studied ballroom and theatre dance as well as piano and singing.
Her first encounter with tango took place in Paris, on the quays of the Seine. Since that moment Anna has studied with various maestros in Moscow and Buenos Aires (Moira Castellano and Gaston Torelli, Cecila Capello and Diego Amorin, Ismael Ludman and Maria Mondino, Gianpiero Galdi, Mila Vigdorova and Filippo Avignonesi).
Having worked with different partners Anna explored a range of dancing styles to be able to choose from a broad variety of tools to make the most of every dance.
Today Anna is more than ever excited and willing to transmit her knowledge and passion to her students, to render their dance more elegant, yet free and almost effortless.
Convinced that musicality in tango is no less important than the technique Anna is paying particular attention to enriching the musical interpretation of her students.
Level: Beginners to Intermediate
Languages of instruction: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Russian.
Fee: Starting from EUR 1155 per person and week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with private facilities
- Half board (two meals - by catering service or in restaurants - including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in larger private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 90 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 140 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms*)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 240 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 340 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 440 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
* Due to the conditions imposed by the COVID19 pandemic, only people who are "close to each other" can be accommodated together in an apartment, i.e. couples and families, but also dance partners.
How will the tango classes take place at La Rogaia?
Information about Tango holidays in times of Corona:
- We limit the maximum number of participants to 5 couples. At the moment, only fixed couples are allowed due to the social distancing rules that still apply in Italy. Changing of dance partners is not permitted.
- If possible, we will dance outside, otherwise inside with the distancing rules on the dance floor. The room offers enough space for 5 couples to adhere to the distancing rules during the class. It is not mandatory to wear masks.
- We do not know whether there will be milongas in autumn. At the moment only outdoor dance events without partner change and with a minimum distance between couples on the dance floor are permitted. Of course, as an official event organizer and agriturismo, we have to abide by the rules. How it will be like in autumn and on site also depends on the participants and how the requirements, e.g. for local Milonga organizers, will be.
- The participants of our courses will only lodge in apartments with private bathroom and separate entrance. In the two-bedroom apartments, only people from shared households will be accommodated.
- Of course, we follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments, safe use of the swimming pool and the hygiene requirements for the preparation and serving of food as well as the distancing rules at the dinner table if necessary .
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions. Nevertheless, we will offer our courses again from September 2020 and are happy to take reservations or bookings.
In view of the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Filippo Avignonesi & Anna Yegorova in La Rogaia 2017
Filippo Avignonesi & Anna Yegorova in Perugia 2016, Vals and Tango
Filippo Avignonesi & Anna Yegorova in Perugia 2016, Milonga
Filippo Avignonesi & Candela Ramos at La Rogaia 2015
Filippo Avignonesi & Martin Ojeda
Filippo Avignonesi & Yulia Yukhina: "Amurado", Tango, Hugo Diaz
Places in this class are limited. Don't miss out on this opportunity.
More about Filippo Avignonesi at www.filippoavignonesi.com