Tango intermediate level with Angela Sallat & Andreas Küttner
Angela Sallat & Andreas Küttner
Angela has been a passionate tango dancer since 1998. She studied with many Tango masters in Argentina and Germany and has a vast experience in various methods of therapy, body work and contemporary dance. All this together characterizes her dance as well as her teaching. In 2003 she founded the Tango studio "alma en vuelo" in Leipzig, Germany. In her teaching she is enthusiastic, warm-hearted and open-minded. She accompanies her students with precision, mindfulness and sensitivity.
"Tango touches you inside. It challenges you to meet yourself, uncompromisingly and directly."
Andreas is not only a tango dancer and teacher but also a singer, performing with TangoPianissimo, Beltango Quinteto und El Cachivache Quinteto. Since 2010 he has been teaching together with Angela. His dance and his teaching are influenced by numerous teachers from Germany and abroad. HIs professional training as a singer and his many years of experience on stage give a very special touch to his lessons. Thus, presence, musicality and breathing are as much a topic as clear and relaxed communication in the couple.
Angela and Andreas are at home in the tango school "alma en vuelo" in Leipzig, Germany.
In their classes, they place emphasis on the connection in the couple, the real understanding of the roles in leading and following and the structured mediation of the varied improvisation in the dance. As instructors, it is particularly important for them that each dancer feels comfortable in his or her body and can move in relaxed way in his or her axis.
Part of their teaching is a bodywork that frees the head and prepares and trains the body for more ease, elasticity, naturalness and elegance. Both understand how to accompany their students in the process of learning with mindfulness and to motivate them again and again.
For many years, they have been teaching not only at their studio “alma en vuelo” at Leipzig but also at workshops and seminars as guest lecturers, performing as a couple on a variety of occasions and successfully organizing Tango travels to various wonderful locations.
Would you like to see Angela and Andreas dance together? Watch these Videos
Topics of the classes at La Rogaia:
Basics: elegant and precise walking and turning
Contact: flexible embrace and clear communication
Women's and men's technique: stability and presence in one's own movement
Paradas & Pasadas: elegant pauses
Musicality: rhythmic security and flexibility in the dynamics
Languages of instruction: English, German
LAST-MINUTE-Rate: starting from EUR 995 per person and week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with private facilities
- Half board (two meals - by catering service or in restaurants - including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in larger private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 90 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 140 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms*)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 240 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 340 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 440 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
* Due to the conditions imposed by the COVID19 pandemic, only people who are "close to each other" can be accommodated together in an apartment, i.e. couples and families, but also dance partners.
How will the tango classes take place at La Rogaia?
Information about Tango holidays in times of Corona:
- We limit the maximum number of participants to 5 couples. At the moment, only fixed couples are allowed due to the social distancing rules that still apply in Italy. Changing of dance partners is not permitted.
- If possible, we will dance outside, otherwise inside with the distancing rules on the dance floor. The room offers enough space for 5 couples to adhere to the distancing rules during the class. It is not mandatory to wear masks.
- We do not know whether there will be milongas in autumn. At the moment only outdoor dance events without partner change and with a minimum distance between couples on the dance floor are permitted. Of course, as an official event organizer and agriturismo, we have to abide by the rules. How it will be like in autumn and on site also depends on the participants and how the requirements, e.g. for local Milonga organizers, will be.
- The participants of our courses will only lodge in apartments with private bathroom and separate entrance. In the two-bedroom apartments, only people from shared households will be accommodated.
- Of course, we follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments, safe use of the swimming pool and the hygiene requirements for the preparation and serving of food as well as the distancing rules at the dinner table if necessary .
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions. Nevertheless, we will offer our courses again from September 2020 and are happy to take reservations or bookings.
In view of the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Angela and Andreas: Tango "La vida es corta" R. Tanturi
Angela and Andreas: Milonga "No hay tierra como la mia" F. Canaro
Angela und Andreas: Tango "Pensalo bien" D'Arienzo
Angela und Andreas: "Salut d'amour" D. Hope/ E. Elgar
Angela and Andreas: "Misa a Buenos Aires" Martin Palmeri
Angela & Andreas are very much sought after. So do not wait too long and do not miss out on this opportunity.
More about Angela Sallat and Andreas Küttner at http://almaenvuelo.de (in German only)