Tango for improvers and intermediate level with Thomas Schwiete
Harmonious movement and mindfulness in the couple
Thomas started with ballroom dancing at the age of 17 years. What at first was just a "sniff" quickly became a great passion.
After two years he joined a dance club and participated in ballroom competitions for four years. He also came to teach and discobered that he enjoyed teaching more than the dance competitions. For the past twenty years he has been giving dance lessons.
Twelve years ago he discovered Argentine Tango and since then it has become his favourite dance. His Tango dancing was significantly influenced by Brigitta Winkler and Roberto Herrera, whose ideas he has incorporated into his teaching.
Thomas has been teaching Tango for many years in several cities in Southern Germany.
Topics of the course at La Rogaia:
- Better walking and turning, more relaxed moving in the dance
- Harmonious movement with the partner
- Balanced walking and turning in the couple
- Rhythmics: dance to the music
- Simple but beautiful step combinations ...
Level: Improvers and intermediate
Languages of instruction: English, German
Fee: EUR 945 per person per week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room (shared bathroom for 3 to 4 persons)
- Half board (two meals - by catering service or in restaurants - including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in single room (shared bathroom for 2 to 3 persons): EUR 200 per person per week
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): "La Mimosa" EUR 60 per person per week; "La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 120 per person per week; "La Grapo" EUR 150 per person per week (double occupancy)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):"La Mimosa" EUR 300 per person per week; "La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 400 per person per week; "La Grapo" EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
How will the tango classes take place at La Rogaia?
Information about Tango holidays in times of Corona:
- We limit the maximum number of participants to 5 couples. At the moment, only fixed couples are allowed due to the social distancing rules that still apply in Italy. Changing of dance partners is not permitted.
- If possible, we will dance outside, otherwise inside with the distancing rules on the dance floor. The room offers enough space for 5 couples to adhere to the distancing rules during the class. It is not mandatory to wear masks.
- We do not know whether there will be milongas in autumn. At the moment only outdoor dance events without partner change and with a minimum distance between couples on the dance floor are permitted. Of course, as an official event organizer and agriturismo, we have to abide by the rules. How it will be like in autumn and on site also depends on the participants and how the requirements, e.g. for local Milonga organizers, will be.
- The participants of our courses will only lodge in apartments with private bathroom and separate entrance. In the two-bedroom apartments, only people from shared households will be accommodated.
- Of course, we follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments, safe use of the swimming pool and the hygiene requirements for the preparation and serving of food as well as the distancing rules at the dinner table if necessary .
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions. Nevertheless, we will offer our courses again from September 2020 and are happy to take reservations or bookings.
In view of the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Our Tango weeks in October tend to fill up very quickly. Sign up now to reserve your space in this class!
More about Thomas at https://www.facebook.com/thomas.schwiete