Tango for absolute beginners and improvers, "Tango dancing made easy - Safe and confident on the dance floor", with Wolfgang and Annette
Wolfgang Sandt & Annette Greifenhagen
Who is this workshop for?
Absolute beginners and improvers
Dancers who want to brush up their basic knowledge of Tango
Perhaps this course is your first encounter with Tango Argentino and you want to dance tango without stress from the very beginning. You want to learn how to move safely on the dance floor, in harmony with your partner.
Maybe you have started dancing tango a while ago, but have stopped dancing out of frustration, because in real life on a busy dance floor you never could dance the things you learned in your dance school.
Or you already have attended one or more Tango Argentino classes and visit regularly practicas, milongas and tango balls but the basic elements of Tango don´t work the way they should. Meaning dancing is much harder than you expected it to be.
If some of the situations described below sound familiar to you?
- You have already learned by heart a lot of fancy "figures" but every time you want to dance them on the dancefloor somebody gets in your way.
- You succeed to dance fairly well with your regular dance partner but the moment you dance with someone else nothing seems to work out anymore.
- You are asking yourself often whether the music played is Tango, Milonga or Tango Valtz.
- When Milonga or Tango Valtz are played you leave the dance floor because you believe that this is still too difficult for you.
- You are annoyed because your partner never dances what you "lead".
- You are annoyed because your partner only drags you through the ballroom and you don ´t understand what he wants.
- You want to know why some of the "figures" you have learned don´t work out so well.
- You are dancing already fairly well but want to improve your understanding of the music .
Then our beginners' to improvers' workshop is exactly right for you !
In this workshop we show you
- How you can improve your understanding of the music and how you can play with the rythm
- How you avoid unpleasant collisions with other couples (and what you to do if it happens)
- How you still can dance on the crowded dancefloor
- How you can dance Tango Valtz and Milonga
- How you get a better understanding of the "figures" which still don´t work so well and in consequence how you can dance them right
- How you can understand different possibilities in the dance and how you can use this knowledge to develop spontaneously your own "figures"
- How you can dance more elegantly
- How you can improve your understanding for your partner while you dance
- In short how you will have more fun dancing Tango
About Wolfgang Sandt
Wolfgang's is a tango teacher and a sculptor. He is an excellent teacher, who imparts to his students with patience, artistic creativity and a lot of humour the joy for the things, he loves.
Wolfgang has been dancing tango since 1994. Among his teachers are Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Fabian Salas and Carolina del Rivero, Mariano"Chicho" Frumboli and Eugenia Parilla, Kely and Facundo Posadas, Amira Campora, Metin Yazir, Graciela Gonzalez, Nestor Ray, Gloria and Eduardo Arquimbau, Yvonne Meissner and Eduardo Aquirre, Ruben Terbalca and many others.
For him it is important not to teach figures and steps, but to impart to his students the ability to recognize the structure of the dance and its different elements, thus giving them the ability to invent playfully their own, always new "figures".
Consequence of this is a concept for a "dialogue of the dancers ", where there are almost no "wrong steps". This is certainly an excellent foundation to have lots of joy with Argentine tango even as a beginner.
Wolfgang will be assisted by his wife Annette who will specially work with the ladies on posture and technique.
A comment about Wolfgang and Annette as teachers: Dear Wolfgang and Annette, thank you for making our tango holiday with you so successful and memorable. We really enjoyed everything about our week spent with you and could only highly recommend you to our friends and colleagues. Although we are clear beginners, your course structure and teaching style has, in one week, given us sufficient skills to improvise with tango and really connected our dancing to the music. It has also equipped us with a basic milonga survival guide, which we had the chance to try out successfully at the milonga in Perugia. When we returned to our weekly ballroom class back in Cambridge we were asked to demonstrate what we had learned and we managed to successfully improvise to a randomly selected piece. Your passion for tango has really given us a great start. Federica and Chris from Cambridge
Level: Absolute beginners and improvers and for all those who want to brush up their basics in Argentine Tango
Languages of instruction: English, German, Italian
Fee: starting from EUR 760 per person and week (lodging and Tango lessons only)
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with private facilities
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in larger private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 90 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 140 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms*)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 240 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 340 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 440 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Food. All apartments are fully equipped for selfcatering. In the village of Castel Rigone there are a supermarket, 2 restaurants and 2 coffeeshops.
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
* Due to the conditions imposed by the COVID19 pandemic, only people who are "close to each other" can be accommodated together in an apartment, i.e. couples and families, but also dance partners.
How will the tango classes take place at La Rogaia?
Information about Tango holidays in times of Corona:
- We limit the maximum number of participants to 5 couples. At the moment, only fixed couples are allowed due to the social distancing rules that still apply in Italy. Changing of dance partners is not permitted.
- If possible, we will dance outside, otherwise inside with the distancing rules on the dance floor. The room offers enough space for 5 couples to adhere to the distancing rules during the class. It is not mandatory to wear masks.
- We do not know whether there will be milongas in autumn. At the moment only outdoor dance events without partner change and with a minimum distance between couples on the dance floor are permitted. Of course, as an official event organizer and agriturismo, we have to abide by the rules. How it will be like in autumn and on site also depends on the participants and how the requirements, e.g. for local Milonga organizers, will be.
- The participants of our courses will only lodge in apartments with private bathroom and separate entrance. In the two-bedroom apartments, only people from shared households will be accommodated.
- Of course, we follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments, safe use of the swimming pool and the hygiene requirements for the preparation and serving of food as well as the distancing rules at the dinner table if necessary .
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions. Nevertheless, we will offer our courses again from September 2020 and are happy to take reservations or bookings.
In view of the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation policy:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course. We will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE