Tango for absolute beginners and improvers, "Tango dancing made easy - Magic moments", with Wolfgang and Annette
Wolfgang Sandt & Annette Greifenhagen
Who is this workshop for?
Absolute beginners and improvers
Dancers who want to brush up their basic knowledge of Tango
Perhaps this course is your first encounter with Tango Argentino and you want to dance tango without stress from the very beginning. You want to learn how to move safely on the dance floor, in harmony with your partner.
Maybe you have started dancing tango a while ago, but have stopped dancing out of frustration, because in real life on a busy dance floor you never could dance the things you learned in your dance school.
Or you already have attended one or more Tango Argentino classes and visit regularly practicas, milongas and tango balls but the basic elements of Tango don´t work the way they should. Meaning dancing is much harder than you expected it to be.
If some of the situations described below sound familiar to you?
- You have already learned by heart a lot of fancy "figures" but every time you want to dance them on the dancefloor somebody gets in your way.
- You succeed to dance fairly well with your regular dance partner but the moment you dance with someone else nothing seems to work out anymore.
- You are asking yourself often whether the music played is Tango, Milonga or Tango Valtz.
- When Milonga or Tango Valtz are played you leave the dance floor because you believe that this is still too difficult for you.
- You are annoyed because your partner never dances what you "lead".
- You are annoyed because your partner only drags you through the ballroom and you don ´t understand what he wants.
- You want to know why some of the "figures" you have learned don´t work out so well.
- You are dancing already fairly well but want to improve your understanding of the music .
Then our beginners' to improvers' workshop is exactly right for you !
In this workshop we show you
- How you can improve your understanding of the music and how you can play with the rythm
- How you avoid unpleasant collisions with other couples (and what you to do if it happens)
- How you still can dance on the crowded dancefloor
- How you can dance Tango Valtz and Milonga
- How you get a better understanding of the "figures" which still don´t work so well and in consequence how you can dance them right
- How you can understand different possibilities in the dance and how you can use this knowledge to develop spontaneously your own "figures"
- How you can dance more elegantly
- How you can improve your understanding for your partner while you dance
- In short how you will have more fun dancing Tango
About Wolfgang Sandt
Wolfgang's is a tango teacher and a sculptor. He is an excellent teacher, who imparts to his students with patience, artistic creativity and a lot of humour the joy for the things, he loves.
Wolfgang has been dancing tango since 1994. Among his teachers are Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Fabian Salas and Carolina del Rivero, Mariano"Chicho" Frumboli and Eugenia Parilla, Kely and Facundo Posadas, Amira Campora, Metin Yazir, Graciela Gonzalez, Nestor Ray, Gloria and Eduardo Arquimbau, Yvonne Meissner and Eduardo Aquirre, Ruben Terbalca and many others.
For him it is important not to teach figures and steps, but to impart to his students the ability to recognize the structure of the dance and its different elements, thus giving them the ability to invent playfully their own, always new "figures".
Consequence of this is a concept for a "dialogue of the dancers ", where there are almost no "wrong steps". This is certainly an excellent foundation to have lots of joy with Argentine tango even as a beginner.
Wolfgang will be assisted by his wife Annette who will specially work with the ladies on posture and technique.
A comment about Wolfgang and Annette as teachers: Dear Wolfgang and Annette, thank you for making our tango holiday with you so successful and memorable. We really enjoyed everything about our week spent with you and could only highly recommend you to our friends and colleagues. Although we are clear beginners, your course structure and teaching style has, in one week, given us sufficient skills to improvise with tango and really connected our dancing to the music. It has also equipped us with a basic milonga survival guide, which we had the chance to try out successfully at the milonga in Perugia. When we returned to our weekly ballroom class back in Cambridge we were asked to demonstrate what we had learned and we managed to successfully improvise to a randomly selected piece. Your passion for tango has really given us a great start. Federica and Chris from Cambridge
Level: Absolute beginners and improvers and for all those who want to brush up their basics in Argentine Tango
Languages of instruction: English, German, Italian
Fee: EUR 1045 per person per week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with shared bathroom and kitchen for 3 to 4 persons
- Half board including all beverages for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 120 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 150 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 300 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 400 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions.
However, in view of the constantly improving situation in Italy, where vaccinations are progressing rapidly, we assume that our courses can take place under normal conditions again in 2022
We are happy to take reservations or bookings.
Of course, our special cancellation conditions still apply in case that we have to cancel our courses due to pandemic restrictions:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions / travel warnings, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course.
In that case we will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE