Tango advanced level with Patrizia & Michael Kronthaler
Patrizia & Michael Kronthaler
It is a stroke of luck that Patrizia and Michael discovered the Tango Argentino over 20 years ago.
After an intense and highly successful career in dance (Ballet, Taekwondo and Rock'n'Roll) it was important for them to find something they could practice together with a lot of fun.
Patrizia and Michael - owners of Tango-X Munich tango school - not only like to teach, but also feel "at home" on the stage.
Thus, the internationally known "Süddeutsche Zeitung" wrote that the tango couple Patrizia and Michael Kronthaler danced the suffering of Dido and Aeneas (a mixture of opera and tango) impressively on stage.
More important than questions of style are the attention to each other, the "melting together" of body and soul in harmony with the music.
Their most important teachers, with whom they worked intensively, were Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Ann, Fabián Salas and Carolina del Rivero, Chicho Frumboli with Lucia Mazer, Eugenia Parilla and Juana Sepulveda - also Sebastian Arce with Mariana Montes.
Patrizia and Michael celebrate the tango in such a way that man and woman dance together "on an equal footing", without losing the feminine charm and the male character of the dance.
In order to be able to dance the Tango enjoyably, Patrizia and Michael in their lessons always - regardless of the level - focus on basic principles of movement theory and the tango technique.
Their lessons are structured, from the simple to the complex. They love both styles of Tango Clásico and Tango Nuevo.
A specialty of them is to accommodate Nuevo movements not only in the wide dance posture, but also in the close embrace and thus in a relatively full milonga.
Topics of the course in La Rogaia:
Various basic techniques such as Cross, Sacada, Gancho etc. and their integration into the structure of the music
The difference between Tango and Vals: beautiful Vals steps
Volcadas and Colgadas in a small space
Above mentioned price includes:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room (shared bathroom for 3 to 4 persons)
- Half board (two meals - by catering service or in restaurants - including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in single room (shared bathroom for 2 to 3 persons): EUR 200 per person per week
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): "La Mimosa" EUR 60 per person per week; "La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 120 per person per week; "La Grapo" EUR 150 per person per week (double occupancy)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):"La Mimosa" EUR 300 per person per week; "La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 400 per person per week; "La Grapo" EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
Our classes in the June holidays fill up quickly. So do not hesitate and book early!
More about Patrizia and Michael at tango-X (in German only)