Tango advanced level with Brigitta Winkler, Week II
Brigitta Winkler is an internationally acclaimed dancer. She divides her time between New York and Berlin, where she studied ballet and modern dance for many years. In 1980, her life changed when she discovered Argentine tango. She then spent some years in Paris studying with Virulazo, a star of Tango Argentino. At that time she met Coco Orlando Diaz, and they began performing together at Les Trottoirs de Buenos Aires in Paris. In 1986, they took their own show to Montreal and Toronto. Brigitta travelled often to Buenos Aires to study with such noted dancers as Juan Carlos Copes, Antonio Todaro, Pepito, Gustavo Naveira, and Eduardo Arquimbau.
In 1987 she opened Tanzart dance studio together with her partner Angelika Fischer, where she hosted Arquimbau's visits to Berlin. In 1994 Brigitta choreographed and danced in Tango Marathon in the Theaterhaus Stuttgart and Tango Vision in the Podewil Berlin. She incorporates into her interpretation of tango Body-Mind Centering, which she studied in a four-year program with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen.
Today Brigitta Winkler is a Tango legend, famous for being among the first who integrated training of body awareness and.body work in her teaching concept.
You will profit strongly from her concept, used by professional tango dancers worldwide. At the intensive workshop at La Rogaia Brigitta´s comprehensive body training will help you to perceive your body in a new very agreeable way.
You will reduce tensions and blockades in your body, dance more relaxed and with less stress.
See one of Brigitta's unique teaching and performances in these videos.
Jeanne Marie Castle writes about Brigitta:
"Tango has begun to seep into my body as deeply as Authentic Movement. In Brigitta Winkler, I have discovered not only a wonderful tango teacher, but a woman trained in Body Mind Centering and group improvisation. I have witnessed her take a hundred nervous strangers and transform them into a group with one or two simple warm-ups emphasizing contact. Her aproach inspired me. The mingling of Authentic Movement and Tango so polar in their outer form has made a spicy new soup of experience within my conscious body. It seems to me that any beginning may summon our original beginning. For a continuity of being to begin to unfold, it takes two."
Languages of instruction: English, German
Fee: starting from EUR 1295 per person per week
Above mentioned prices include:
- Instruction fee for 1 person for 15 hours of teaching.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room with shared bathroom and kitchen for 3 to 4 persons
- Half board including all beverages for 1 week for 1 person.
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartments for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 60 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 120 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 150 per person per week (double occupancy)
"La Nostalgia" or "Il Peperino" EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy, also in 2 single rooms)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette):
"La Mimosa" EUR 300 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Pipo" or "I Cuccioli" EUR 400 per person per week (single occupancy)
"La Grapo" EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find here
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
- Entrance fees to Milongas
Please contact us if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.
Book a Tango Holiday at Zero Risk
Of course, we cannot predict the development of the COVID19 pandemic and the associated travel restrictions.
Hence our special cancellation conditions still apply in case that we have to cancel our courses due to pandemic restrictions:
- If a course cannot take place due to "force majeure" (e.g. the COVID19 pandemic) or if the participants cannot travel due to travel restrictions, we grant free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the course.
In that case we will refund your full payment.
- If we have to cancel the course from our side (e.g. due to insufficient number of participants), you will of course receive your full payment back. We will inform you at least 1 month before the course starts whether the course can take place or not. However, unfortunately we cannot assume any costs for flight bookings or the like that have already been made. We therefore recommend that you wait with flight bookings etc. until we have finally confirmed a class.
For all other reasons for cancellation, our usual cancellation conditions apply, which you can find HERE
Brigitta Winkler & Lazzaro Chionna: Class demonstration at La Rogaia 2015
Brigitta Winkler & Tomás Howlin, "Si la Llegaran a Ver" (Hector Maure /Juan d'Arienzo)
Hommage to Brigitta Winkler
Brigitta's class is always very much sought after. So do not wait too long and do not miss out on this opportunity.
Discover what our guests say about their Tango Holidays at La Rogaia
More about Brigitta Winkler at www.brigittatango.de