Creative Holidays and Vacation Workshops in Umbria
Programme of courses 2018 and 2019:
Are you looking for a creative holiday? Would you like to discover your owncreativity during your vacation? What about moving and relaxing in a dance workshop? Are you tempted to get to know the secrets of Umbrian and Tuscan cuisine? Or to enjoy a hiking and wellness week or to pick your own olive oil?
Villa La Rogaia offers a wide range of classes in spring and autumn, such as painting course, watercolour course, sculpting course, cooking school, Argentine Tango and Salsa workshops, guided walks, wellness programme and creative writing classes. Artists from different backgrounds meet at Villa La Rogaia to explore new ideas. Class participants are inevitably inspired by Italy‘s wealth of culture and history. The spacious landscape and villa lend to introspection while also being a relaxing environment in which to get to know the other participants.
The classes take place at Villa La Rogaia, an outstanding old Umbrian country house with many gardens. It is situated near Lake Trasimeno between Rome and Florence. Participants stay in individually crafted double or single rooms (shared bathroom for two bedrooms) or in holiday apartments (for two persons), partly at the village of Castel Rigone at 4 km distance from La Rogaia.
Classes will be held inside or outside on the big terrace or in the garden. Dancing and cooking classes will last for about three to four hours a day, all other courses for six hours a day, allowing for plenty of time to enjoy the surroundings of the villa and to go for trips to the nearby lake or towns. The number of participants is limited to 10 to 18 persons per class. The instruction language is, depending on the instructor, English, German or Italian with English translation on request.
We can arrange for the group the following trips (not included in the price):
- Art historical excursions, e.g. to Arezzo, Assisi or Perugia
- Wine tasting in famous Umbrian wineries
- Truffle hunt and truffle tasting
You need an overview of our courses?
Our Tango classes, cookery classes and culinary weeks, stone carving classes and photography classes at a glance:
*Details on food upon request.
** Lodging and instruction only, no meals.
- Instruction fee for the classes for 1 person. The number of hours of teaching is specified in the description of each single class. For more information visit the pages with the detailled classes by clicking on the link in the calendar.
- Lodging for 1 week for 1 person in double room or single room (shared bathroom for 3 to 4 persons)
- Half board (breakfast and dinner including all beverages) for 1 week for 1 person (if not otherwise specified)
Not included in the price are:
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 60 to EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 300 to EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find at how to get there.
- Extra meals, extra beverages, tips
Please contact us for if you need further information about instruction, lodging and food.