La Rogaia Recipes: Panna Cotta with Flower Syrup
Summer Holidays in Umbria
Since June 3, 2020, the borders of Italy are open again and we may welcome guests from other regions of Italy and from other European countries.
We are happy that our "Decameron" has come to an end and that we are allowed to share our La Rogaia paradise with others.
To celebrate Amira has prepared a special panna cotta with flower syrup made from fragrant roses and lilac flowers from our garden:
Panna Cotta with flower syrup
Panna cotta alle rose profumate e lilla
For the flower syrup:
1 cup of fresh flowers from fragrant roses, 1 cup of fresh flowers from lilac, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar, a handful of raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries (fresh or deepfrozen).
For the panna cotta:
100 ml fresh cream, 1/2 vanilla bean, 80 g sugar, 500 ml cream, 150 ml milk, 10 gr agar agar
- Wash and drain the flowers, pluck the petals.
- Put the sugar and the water in two pots (if you want to make two different flower syrups). Otherwise only use one saucepan.
- Put the rose petals together with a handful of berries in one pot, the lilac with a handful of berries in the other pot and let simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then pass both liquids through a sieve and let them cool.
- Hollow out half a vanilla bean.
- Place the vanilla pulp together with the sugar, cream and milk in a saucepan and stir in 10 g agar agar. Heat the mixture on the stove and let it simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of syrup.
- For two different flavors, divide the panna-cotta mixture in half beforehand and use the two different syrups.
- Rinse 4 dessert ramikens with cold water. Fill in the mixture, let it cool and then put in the fridge for 4 hours.
Before serving, topple the ramikens on dessert plates. This is very easy if you remove the mass from the edge with a thin knife and place the ramikens in hot water for a few seconds before toppling.
- Decorate with the syrup and a few flower petals.
Special offers for holiday apartments in summer 2020
Book a holiday apartment at Villa La Rogaia for your summer holidays 2020!
From mid June onwards we are offering our holiday apartments at discount rates with up to 40% off regular rates
La Rogaia is a place to feel safe during your vacation:
- Plenty of space and fresh air - each apartment has its own garden and relaxation area
- We follow all hygiene rules of the WHO, the Italian Ministry of Health and the regional authorities: thorough cleaning and disinfection of the apartments and safe use of the swimming pool
- Despite the requirement of physical distance, there will be no "social" distance:
Our guests are welcome as ever and will feel at home at La Rogaia just as before!