Creative Holidays with Painting Classes in Umbria
Water Colour Painting with Uli Hoiss
Plein Air Watercolour Painting around Lake Trasimeno
This watercolour painting class is aimed at ambitious amateur painters who want to deepen their own artistic expression. In our in pictures we will try to express our yearning for light and sun with vibrant colours. With his special technique of watercolour painting, Uli Hoiss will show you how to paint an impressive image in a short time, without getting lost in details.
No more small-scale watercolour painting, which lacks tension !
Tuscany, Umbria and Lake Trasimeno are picturesque landscapes that offer new motives for our painting every day. We will explore this classical landscape, painting our pictures around the Villa La Rogaia or in towns in the vicinity such as Perugia, Montepulciano and Assisi.
Get inspired by this unspoilt countryside and embark on trips to spend your days outdoors to paint watercolours.
Watercolor painting is particularly suitable for "plein-air painting" because it requires minimal equipment and offers the possibility to grasp instantly the motives that inspire our artist's eye. Painting in the open air uplifts our mood much more than working in the studio. You will see it in your pictures !
During and after the sessions we will discuss the results of your paintings in a relaxed atmosphere. You will receive tips on how to optimize your own interpretation of the theme.
Your instructor Uli Hoiss
Uli Hoiss has been dedicated to watercolour painting for more than 40 years. He loves the opportunity to bring an image to paper swiftly and with vibrant colours.
He is fascinated by the effect of light in nature and takes every opportunity to express the ever-changing atmospheres of the seasons in his pictures.
Uli Hoiss is less interested in the exact representation of the subject, but rather in capturing the atmosphere of the moment. Therefore it is important to omit things and to know when to finish a painting, in order to leave to the observer sufficient space for interpretation.
Successful watercolour painting is the result of training and experience. The course with Uli Hoiss is an opprtunity for ambitious amateur painters to share this experience and to benefit from individual and intensive tutoring.
Have a look at his virtual gallery with watercolours and read the articles in the press and the feedbacks from his class participants at www.uli-hoiss.de
Country House Villa La Rogaia
"La Rogaia" is a romantic country house amidst the rolling green hills above Lake Trasimeno in Umbria. Our guests stay in rooms or spacious apartments, all recently renovated with an artistic flair and with art works by the sculptor and painter Wolfgang Sandt. The buildings are surrounded by a large garden with a swimming pool. You can enjoy perfect tranquility overlooking lavender fields, olive groves. vineyards and the rolling hills of Umbria.
Enjoy the evening meals at Villa La Rogaia with Umbrian and Tuscan cuisine, sitting at a long table like an Italian family. Our cook Ornella uses local organic products, partly grown at La Rogaia. And when she makes her appearance, with bowls full of home made pasta, torta al testo and other typical plates the whole room fills not only with the profumo of good food but also with her laughter and her Mediterranean temperament.
Rates and services
- Last Minute Rate EUR 935 instead of EUR 1.035 per person and week with lodging in double room* at La Rogaia
Included in the price:
- Intensive painting instruction on 6 days
- Lodging at Villa La Rogaia for 7 days as described above
- Half board: 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners at Villa La Rogaia including all beverages
- Upon request transfer from and to the train station at Passignano sul Trasimeno
Not included in the price:
- Extra charge for lodging in single room* EUR 200 per person and week
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 2 persons (with private bathroom, kitchenette and terrace): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 60 to EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 person (with private bathroom, kitchenette and terrace): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 300 to EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Travel to and from Villa La Rogaia (except for the transfers to train station at Passignano sul Trasimeno as indicated above). Please find here further information how to get to Villa La Rogaia. Nearest airports: Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Bologna/ Forli.
- Painting materials. With your booking confirmation you will receive a list of the materials and equipment recommended by the instructor.
- Transfer to the painting locations
- Personal extras
- Travel insurance
The number of participants is limited to 12 persons.
Minimum age for participants: 16 years.
You can book this class also with a partner who does not participate in the painting class. Rate for accompanying persons EUR 455 per person and week with lodging in double room*.
* Standard lodging with shared bathroom for 2 to 4 persons.