Tango "Magic Moments" for beginners and improvers with Wolfgang
Two hearts beat in Wolfgang's breast, and it is difficult to say, whether his bigger passion is sculpture or tango. In any case he is an excellent teacher, who imparts to his students with patience, artistic creativity and a lot of humour the joy for those things, that fill him with enthusiasm. Wolfgang has been dancing tango since 1994. Among his teachers are Gustavo Naveira and Giselle Anne, Fabian Salas and Carolina del Rivero, Mariano"Chicho" Frumboli and Eugenia Parilla, Kely and Facundo Posadas, Amira Campora, Metin Yazir, Graciela Gonzalez, Nestor Ray, Gloria and Eduardo Arquimbau, Yvonne Meissner and Eduardo Aquirre, Ruben Terbalca and many others. For him it is important not to teach figures and steps, but to impart to his students the ability to recognize the structure of the dance and its different elements, thus giving them the ability to invent playfully their own, always new "figures". Consequence of this is a concept for a "dialogue of the dancers ", where there are (almost) no "wrong steps". Wolfgang will be assisted by his wife Annette who will also work with the ladies on posture and technique.
Workshop for beginners and improvers
Perhaps this course is your first encounter with Tango Argentino and you want to dance tango without stress from the very beginning. You want to learn how to move safely on the dance floor, in harmony with your partner.
Or you already have attended one or more Tango Argentino classes and visit regularly practicas, milongas and tango balls. Maybe some of the situations described below sound familiar to you?
- You have already learned by heart a lot of fancy "figures" but every time you want to dance them on the dancefloor somebody gets in your way.
- You succeed to dance fairly well with your regular dance partner but the moment you dance with someone else nothing seems to work out anymore.
- You are asking yourself often whether the music played is Tango, Milonga or Tango Valtz.
- When Milonga or Tango Valtz are played you leave the dance floor because you believe that this is still too difficult for you.
- You are annoyed because your partner never dances what you "lead".
- You are annoyed because your partner only drags you through the ballroom and you don ´t understand what he wants.
- You want to know why some of the "figures" you have learned don´t work out so well.
- You are dancing already fairly well but want to improve your understanding of the music .
Then our beginners' to improvers' workshop is exactly right for you !
In this workshop we show you
- how you can improve your understanding of the music and how you can play with the rythm
- how you avoid unpleasant collisions with other couples (and what you to do if it happens)
- how you still can dance on the crowded dancefloor
- how you can dance Tango Valtz and Milonga
- how you get a better understanding of the "figures" which still don´t work so well and in consequence how you can dance them right
- how you can understand different possibilities in the dance and how you can use this knowledge to develop spontaneously your own "figures"
- how you can dance even more elegant
- how you can improve your understanding for your partner while you dance
- In short how you will have even more fun dancing Tango
A comment about Wolfgang and Annette as teachers: Dear Wolfgang and Annette, thank you for making our tango holiday with you so successful and memorable. We really enjoyed everything about our week spent with you and could only highly recommend you to our friends and colleagues. Although we are clear beginners, your course structure and teaching style has, in one week, given us sufficient skills to improvise with tango and really connected our dancing to the music. It has also equipped us with a basic milonga survival guide, which we had the chance to try out successfully at the milonga in Perugia. When we returned to our weekly ballroom class back in Cambridge we were asked to demonstrate what we had learned and we managed to successfully improvise to a randomly selected piece. Your passion for tango has really given us a great start. Federica and Chris from Cambridge
Level: Beginners and improvers
Languages of instruction: English, German, Italian
Fee: EUR 775 per person per week
Price includes 15 hours of teaching, lodging in doubleroom and meals (beverages included) for the entire week of the course, including the booking charge. Extra charge for lodging in single rooms: EUR 200 per person per week. Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for two persons: starting from EUR 60 per person per week. Please contact us about details of instruction, lodging and food.