Cookery class in Umbria
Italy, at the border to Tuscany
Learn to cook in Italy !
Join the "Umbrian Dinner Club" !
Is cooking your great passion? Do you never miss a cooking show on TV? Do you love novels and memoires such as "The Umbrian Dinner Club" by Malena de Blasi or "Under the Tuscan Sun" by Frances Mayes?
Then you should not miss our cooking school classes. Join our "Umbrian Dinner Club" for one week! Mamma Ornella has been initiating our guests for many years into the secrets of Umbrian cuisine. She is second to none and as entertaining as Julia Child portrayed by Meryl Streep in the movie “Julie & Julia”.
Book a week of authentic cooking and fun in Italy ...
By the way, you can give away a cookery class as a present. If you wish we will provide a nicely crafted gift voucher for free.
Tuscany and Umbria are famous for their exquisite cuisine: La Rogaia cookery school offers cooking lessons for Umbrian and Tuscan specialities, accompanied by wines from Umbrian and Tuscan cellars and first class extra virgin olive oil. The ideal vacation for all lovers of Italian food and wine.
If you want to combine your cookery classes with guided sightseeing and shopping tours you can book our "Full immersion culinary week" with additional meals in celebrated restaurants and guided trips every day, all tailored to your personal interests.
My stay at La Rogaia was a wonderful experience in every way. Ornella and the cooking classes were enjoyable and educational. Our tours of Cortona, Perugia, Sienna and Assissi including tasting the excellent local food and wine were made so interesting by sharing your knowledge of the history and culture of the area. I would most definitely return and have recommended La Rogaia to friends and family.
Connie Dattilo, Pittsburgh
You will cook four complete dinners from the Antipasto to the Dolce, under the guidance of Ornella, a maestra of Umbrian Cucina casalinga. For her simple but delicious cuisine she prefers fresh products directly from farms, markets and the meadows and woods around La Rogaia. We will accompany a truffle hunter with his dog to witness how these precious delicacies are found.
You will enjoy all the meals accompanied by excellent wines from Umbrian or Tuscan cellars. Get inspired by Ornella’s mediterranean temperament and original recipes!
Rates for 7 days with cookery classes and truffle hunt:
EUR 930 per person per week with lodging in
double room (shared bathroom for 3 - 4 persons)
EUR 1.130 per person per week with lodging in
single room (shared bathroom for 3 - 4 persons)
The price includes:
- Four cooking lessons with Ornella (starting at about 4 p.m.)
- truffle hunt and truffle tasting
- all cooking ingredients
- selected wines from Umbria and Tuscany
- translation into English
- Ornella‘s personal cookbook
Not included in the price:
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 2 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 60 to EUR 200 per person per week (double occupancy)
- Extra charge for lodging in private apartment for 1 persons (with private bathroom and kitchenette): depending on the size of the apartment from EUR 300 to EUR 500 per person per week (single occupancy)
- Lunch. There is the possibility for selfcatering either in a spacious common kitchen or in the apartments. There are restaurants and shops at the village of Castel Rigone at 4 km distance from La Rogaia.
- Dinner on the 3 evenings without cooking lesson.
- Travel arrangement to and from La Rogaia. A detailled map and description how to get to La Rogaia and futher information about trains and flights you can find at how to get there.
Want to come with a partner or friend who does not want to cook? No problem - he or she can participate in meals and the truffle hunt only, at EUR 620 per person and week including lodging.
Contact us about more information about all included in the price.
To make your mouth water we will give you some examples of Ornella’s recepies on our page Culinary Umbria. You will also find our personal recommendations for the best restaurants, wine producers and delikatessen stores in our vicinity. Please also read our story about a cookery class at La Rogaia.
The cookery week takes place at Villa La Rogaia, an outstanding old Umbrian countryhouse with many gardens. It is situated near Lake Trasimeno between Rome and Florence. Participants stay in individually crafted double or single rooms (shared bathroom for two bedrooms) or in holiday apartments (for two persons).
The number of participants of the cooking class is limited to 12 persons. Language of instruction is Italian with English translation.